Thursday, April 16, 2009

Air Yeezy!

It seems like Kanye West is always finding a new way to touch the sky. It wasn't just a song for him. He is most definitely soaring to new heights being the first artist, not athlete, to have his own shoe line with Nike. Yes yes ya'll, the Air Yeezy has arrived.



The Air Yeezy is undoubtedly inspired by the Air Jordan III, but has Kanyeezy's unique and fresh touch. Being that Kanye had a "Glow in the Dark" tour, it would only be right that the Air Yeezy had a glow in the dark element. For all you sneakerheads, they are definitely something to drool over!

Drooling, however, might be all you ever do. The Air Yeezy's are being released in three different color palates, with their own individual release dates. The first of the colors, Zen Gray, has already come and gone. The release date was April 6th. Even the homie, who works at Nike, had to scramble and slick talk her way into buying a pair. She did get them though. I am a hater and she better never wear them around me.

The next two colors will be Black/Pink and then Net/Net. The Black Air Yeezy's official release date is May 2, 2009. The Net Air Yeezy's are said to be released in early June. My fate is already sealed with owning a pair of Air Yeezy's. One, I am officially too grown to be camping out for a pair of sneakers, which by the way is the only way you are going to get them. Two, we are in an economic recession, Suze Orman has told me to stash my cash and that is what I plan to do. Sorry Yeezy, $215, I can't do it. I will always take donations though, if you want to send me a pair!!! I'm just saying.

For all of you that got it better than me, are willing to camp out, and ain't phased by Suze Orman's financial advice, more power to you! For the rest of you, here are some pictures. Enjoy!




Gotta love Mr. West! Say what you will about his ego, which he has mentioned on his blog, he's working on it. The man is crazy talented and you have to respect his artistry! Check out Yeezy's blog!

2 comments:

  1. Yeezy is most definitely a genius. Lovin' the sorbet-ish orange ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your post!!!Thanks for sharing......

    ReplyDelete