Monday, April 27, 2009

Man Up or Stand Down?

So the scenario goes, I am faced with a decision that is tearing me apart. This is not the first time I have had to travel down a path that is tricky and windy with confusion. I am at a crossroads at this time. Do I choose to travel down the known road or forge a blazing new path in a different direction?

2009 is supposed to be all about change. And I suppose, that ideal, has me included...somehow. But how do you find the strength to blaze a new trail or the words that create change?

(Wo)man up? Or stand down?

Although I don't condone bitchassness, I may be showing slight symptoms of that disease. Thinking about it, at times, has me feeling so sick. Like...Swine Flu.

Sometimes in life, we are faced with decisions that tend to be more than we think we can bear. I imagine most of you are already thinking "Man Up!" We all would like to think the decision is that easy. In some situations, it is. Matters of the heart, never are. When the decision calls for "Manning Up", which undoubtedly will hurt another, it seems we tend to stand down. Tonight, I pose the question, does "Standing Down" cause more harm then the hurt caused by "Manning Up"?

"I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself."
-D.H. Lawrence

2 comments:

  1. In the long run standing down causes more harm. Manning up will be better for both parties in the long run. So with matters of the heart, always as best as you can, be honest even though it cuts like a knife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous comment. However, more importantly, you MUST, at all times, do what's in the best interest for you. Nobody can direct your life but you. And if you are constantly worried about how everyone else is going to be affected based on your decision, you aren't living for yourself and will ultimately, in turn, leave yourself feeling empty until you fulfill your needs in life.

    ReplyDelete